Let’s start with our delightful Easy Ham and Cheese Omelet where we can experience the joy of a simple yet delightful recipe. Today, we’ll unearth the secrets of a delightful Easy Ham and Cheese Omelet. This dish not only tantalizes your taste buds but also complements your low-carb and keto diet.
Returning to the Basics
We’re focusing on breakfast basics with a keto twist. An omelet, or ‘omelette’, is a beloved breakfast staple around the globe. Simple, yet classic. And we’re about to elevate it to a keto-friendly masterpiece.
Prepping and Cooking: A Journey to Perfection
The heart of a flawless omelet is even heat distribution. Instead of the usual preheating method, we’ll slowly heat our skillet over low heat for ten minutes. This approach prevents ‘hot spots’, ensuring a uniform, delectable omelet.
Building the Flavor Profile: Ingredients
This recipe, which serves two, is ready in under 25 minutes. It’s perfect for those busy mornings. Our ingredients are simple but flavorful: unsalted butter, cooked ham, eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and sharp cheddar cheese. Don’t forget the garnish: grape tomatoes and fresh basil.
Whipping up the Magic: Cooking Steps
Start with melting butter in your skillet. Add diced ham. Keep the heat low for even cooking. Once the ham is crispy, set it aside.
Now, it’s time for eggs. Whisk together the eggs, milk, and seasoning. Pour this into your skillet. Keep it moving for an even layer. As the eggs start to set, sprinkle in your ham and cheese. Cover and let the cheese melt and eggs cook. Once done, fold your omelet and let it cook for another minute.
Finally, serve your masterpiece. Garnish and enjoy your delightful, low-carb breakfast!
The Ultimate Low-Carb Breakfast
So here we have it – an Easy Ham and Cheese Omelet. This breakfast delights your palate and aligns with your low-carb or keto diet. It’s simple, satisfying, and delicious. The perfect way to start your day.
Easy Ham and Cheese Omelet
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 6 oz cooked ham diced
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 dash sea salt to taste
- 1 dash black pepper to taste
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 grape tomatoes sliced
- 1 sprig basil
- Add one tablespoon butter and diced ham to a large non-stick skillet and set over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the ham develops some color and is heated through, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer the ham to a small plate and set aside. Return the skillet to the cooktop and reduce heat to low.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Add the remaining butter to the skillet and swirl to coat the bottom as it melts. Pour in the egg mixture and tip the skillet in each direction to create an even layer. Tip: Before the egg mixture fully “sets,” push the edges back with a spatula and again tip the skillet in each direction to allow more of the egg mixture to contact the hot surface.
- Once the egg starts to set, add the ham and shredded cheddar cheese evenly across the surface. Partially cover the skillet with a lid until the cheese starts to melt and the egg is mostly cooked through, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the lid and carefully flip half the omelet on top of the other half with a spatula. Cover and cook for an additional minute or two to ensure the omelet is cooked through and the cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from heat and cut the omelet in half with a plastic spatula. Transfer to serving plates and garnish with a couple sliced tomatoes and sprigs of fresh basil, if desired, before serving. Enjoy!